1.9

Today was the last time I'll even get in a line for an AMC Theaters movie ticket.Apparently they have started a system of selling line-cutting privileges and after about eight people were served as we stood "next" in line, we walked.

They are not the only ones doing this, but even though I could easily afford it, I won't support any system that breaks one of the great social equalizers in a civilized nation. Standing in line with others who are different from us gives us the chance to learn more about each other. It is also a trivial form of "shared suffering", which tends to create social bonds. Systems that create an "us and them" mentality accomplish the opposite.

Of course, this is all about the money. AMC's unmitigated greed doesn't surprise me, but it still disappoints me. Bottom line? Line cutting sucks.

Period.And if you think it is cool to do this to others because you "paid for the privilege", now you know my opinion about your attitude as well.

Reason of review: "Premier" line cutting privileges.

Preferred solution: AMC's short-sighted greed in granting line cutting privileges for money is unacceptable. You've lost my business and I'll be encouraging others to find better solutions for entertainment..

Had an Experience with Amc Theatres?

Comments